Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sorry for the lack of up-date....

...I've been in a real lull in terms of Kemetic-related stuff lately, and only recently decided to make the subject of this blog broader than just Kemeticism and related stuff. In any case, the lull has ended for the time being. Last night, I visited the new, or re-born, or re-located Children of Kemet forums: http://childrenofkemet.org/ If you have any interest in Kemeticism, you should definitely visit. Great discussions, even better people. I've posted there, as well as posted some devotional poetry to Thoth, Hathor, and Re.

I find that I get into these lulls a lot, where I get overwhelmed by the day-to-day struggles of life and find myself immersed in them, and forgetting the gods, or even ANYTHING beyond those struggles. I feel like a comet, or like a small planet with a very elliptical, irregular orbit, spending most of my time outside the solar system, and occasionally swinging into to the inner solar system for a while before I am plunged out into the frigid vastness again. Anybody out in the blogosphere know how to prevent those lulls? Or to cope with them?

While I don't know the ultimate cause of the lulls, I know the proximate causes for this particular lull: I had to resign from my old job at the after-care program and find work elsewhere. I've found work at a call center, and while I'm getting used to it, it's not the best job for me, and it's tough. Not in the same way digging ditches in the rain would be, but a lot of times, it's a thankless job. In light of the incidents in the news about employees getting sacked for blabbing on their blogs, I won't name names or companies. Running around looking for work and sitting around conducting surveys doesn't leave one much time to look to the spiritual, to the numinous. And I'm not one of those enlightened souls who can see God in the cubicle walls, or in the shrill protests of the angry harpy who you have to talk to.

In other news, I've also started the fall semester of college, with only one class, a fiction-writing workshop. It's brutal, a course where your writing gets cut up, shredded, sliced, diced, julienned, and flensed.....But very educational. Bad for the ego, good for the soul.

I don't have much Kemetically related here at the moment, to be honest. I'm looking forward to the New York City Pagan Pride Day on the 26th, though. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment